Thursday, February 11, 2010

Random Thoughts on Dear John

Dear%20John%20%282010%29[1] Yes, I know, another chick flick, but @DarrellSykes and I went to see “Dear John” today. It was actually a very good movie. It had Channing Tatum (as John) in it, which I’m not a huge fan of his acting, but it also had Amanda Seyfried (as Savannah), whom I love (from two of my favorite movies: Mean Girls and Mamma Mia!), so I thought I’d give it a shot. From the beginning I really liked the characters, and I felt the chemistry between them. Young, new love. It’s magical, and they made me feel it with them. Then there were some bumps in their newly formed relationship and we got to experience some of the military life of John. There were some slow moving scenes in that part of the movie, but in the end it all worked out for the best of the story. During the military stint, September 11th happens, and he re-enlists in the Army. His extended absence creates even more relationship issues between John and Savannah. During this whole thing, there are actually two other mini-storylines that are going on and are intermingled with the main story.

I’ve gone way too far into a synopsis, which I promised I’d never do. Ugh. Well, there are a LOT of twists and turns in this movie, it reminded me a lot of The Notebook, which was an excellent movie. In the end, I left the theatre in tears. Were they happy or sad? You should go see the movie, then you’ll know.

I can recommend this movie for a very romantic date night.

Here is the trailer:

 

No comments:

Post a Comment