Thursday, September 13, 2012

Random Thoughts On Getting Healthier

Beach from last night's walk. Never gets old.So, we're getting healthier. We joined the rec last week, and we're trying to take this as seriously as we can. On Sunday we went to Busch Gardens and walked around the park from 10:00 to about 4:00-ish, then we went to Williamsburg Pottery and walked around. They've remodeled, and it's really nice! They had this international foods section, so I picked up a mint Aero bar (or 3 [some were for co-workers!]), and some treacle syrup. They had these divine organic flavored waters, too! I know most of the stuff I bought was junk, but hey, I walked at least 5 miles! After our excursion on Sunday, Monday I wasn't feeling all too well, so I took the day off from work. Tuesday, we were back at the rec center and did a real work out! We did a warm up on these sit-down bike things for 10 minutes, then we did a full 25 minutes on the elliptical! I made sure to pace myself so I didn't feel overwhelmed and so I didn't have to quit halfway into the workout. This strategy worked well for me. Afterwords, Darrell wanted to do some weight training. I was a bit reluctant, but then came around, because once I do start losing weight, my midsection will need firming up, so I'll need to work my abs to not be flabby! Unfortunately, the equipment was taken, so we took a pass and felt great upon leaving the rec center. We also decided maybe we should look into a personal trainer for a session or two just to see what areas we should hone in on to maximize weight loss and overall physical fitness. We're going to be going to the rec 2-3 times a week, and we're going to try walking (weather permitting) on the other nights. Wish us luck!!

No comments:

Post a Comment