Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Random Thoughts On Holiday Disappointment At Work

NO Holiday
So, I'm sitting here at work where it's employee appreciation day. They're having a cook out for us and they're making us hamburgers and hot dogs with all the sides. Potato salad, baked beans, fruit salad, there's a veggie tray, drinks, and I'm sure I'm forgetting something. Management is serving us as their way of saying thank you for all of our hard work throughout the year. Earlier this summer they took us to Ocean Breeze (it's a water park in Virginia Beach) all expenses paid. They do love us, or so it seems. Not long after the food started being served, an email was sent out that announced that they were cancelling our Holiday Gala (in caps because it's a formal event). We've not had an outside event since I've worked for the company (over 3 years now) due to the economy, or whatever. Meanwhile, we're having record growth? I've heard that back when we had Holiday Galas they were events to remember. I guess those times are long gone. I am thankful for my job, and I'm thankful that they do the things that show the appreciation towards us. I do wish that we could have fundraising to have our own, employee funded Holiday Gala, or at least Employee get together. I realize these are all First World Problems, and I could be unemployed, and again, I am thankful and appreciative for my job (that I love, by the way) with a company that does show appreciation, and offers great benefits (even same-sex benefits -- in VIRGINIA!). In all, I'm trying to focus on the positive, and not just blow off steam. I guess I'm going to have to start planning my own private (INVITE ONLY) Holiday Gala. I want to dress up and have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment