Thursday, January 7, 2010

Random Thoughts on My Birthday

As if you, my faithful readers, didn't know, today I turned 31. I am now officially in my 30s. Somehow, I still feel 13, so I guess it's not so bad. Today was an awesome day because I got to spend all day with Darrell. This is the first birthday I have had in as long as I can remember that we've been able to spend together all day because either I've had to work or he's had to work, but since he's been laid off, his calendar was free. We started the day off right by sleeping until 10:30, then we got up and he took me to lunch at Cracker Barrel (one of my favorite restaurants). We had an appointment at 2:00 to go see an apartment we're thinking about moving into in May. It was, in a word, awesome. I loved it. After that we went to see the new Meryl Streep movie, "It's Complicated." I laughed so hard I thought I was going to pee. Then we did some light shopping, bought a plant and then we went out to dinner at Burton's Grill. This is my absolute favorite restaurant because it's upscale, casual dining and the food is superb. Tonight, however, the food took nearly 45 minutes to make it to the table. For this, I got to have my birthday dinner complements of the management at Burton's Grill. Afterward we made the obligatory trip to Target where I got my very first pair of Converse All-Stars. Today was a no-nonsense, no-fuss birthday. No parties, no cake, no opening of presents. It was very nice to have a relaxing day that I could say was mine and I spent it how I wanted. Now the day is over, and it's been a very happy birthday, indeed.

I also wanted to thank those of you that wished me a happy birthday. I truly appreciate your thoughts.

Today's picture is the sun setting on my 31st birthday. I hope you enjoyed my day as much as I did!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, they actually had a time machine that allowed you to go back and buy some converse shoes? Some birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I borrowed a co-worker's time bandit machine and got them from Target.

    ReplyDelete